Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Review: Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry

4 Stars

I really enjoyed this book. I shipped the two main characters so hard (and was very gratified that they didn't spend too much time fighting their attraction for each other), I liked the mystery they were working together to solve, and I loved how fast a read this was for me. I always seem to forget how quick I get into and devour contemporary YA books and how much I enjoy them. Even though this was the second book in the Thunder Road series, it was easy to jump into mostly because I'm guessing that the other books deal with characters who take a secondary role in this book. I liked the tense family dynamics (Breanna's family in particular broke my heart because of all the responsibility and pressure they put on their kids to take care of their siblings was pretty unfair at times) and the motorcycle club aspect was interesting as I really don't know much about that kind of life. I also liked that there were nuances to a lot of the characters, even the villain of the story. All in all, I really liked this story and now want to dive in to the other books in this series.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read an advanced copy of Walk the Edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment